We are committed to safeguarding and respecting your privacy in compliance with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations in force.
www.herkimer.co.uk (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Herkimer Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 4335695 whose registered office is at Summit House, 170 Finchley Road, London, NW3 6BP.
The data controller is:
Herkimer Limited, Summit House, 170 Finchley Road, London, NW3 6BP.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Herkimer Limited, Summit House, 170 Finchley Road, London, NW3 6BP.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re aware of any changes.
How do we collect information from you?
We may need to obtain information from you to give you the best possible experience when you engage with us (via our Website or otherwise).
What type of information is collected from you?
We may collect the following information about you when you use this Website:
- information that you provide. We may collect personal information (for example your name and email address) when you register for our newsletter, or fill out a contact form;
- information collected by us as you use the Website;
- information transmitted by your computer when you use the Website. This may include your IP address, browser data and information we receive from cookies (please see the section ‘IP Addresses and Cookies’ below)
How is this information used?
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- provide more appropriate services to you as a user of the Website, including enhancing your user experience;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, to deliver communications that may be of interest to you, and for related marketing purposes. At any time you may unsubscribe from such contact by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of our emails, or sending an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to notify you about changes to our products and/or the Website;
- to improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
By using the Website and submitting information, you consent to the collection, use, transfer, storing and processing your personal information by us as described in this Policy.
Information Disclosure To Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances only:
- to service providers who manage aspects of our operations (for example third parties who provide technical services to the Website);
- if Herkimer Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers and subscribers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply other agreements.
How do we process and store your data?
We will ensure that we remain compliant in processing and storing your data:
- Your data is collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- The data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
- If we store and process your data on the basis of legitimate interests we will conduct a legitimate interests assessment.
- Your data may also be processed by staff that work for us or for one of our suppliers and may be situated outside the country where you entered that information. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of our service(s) to you and the provision of support services.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. Agents or contractors who in the course of providing services to Herkimer Limited have access to information which you give to us are required to keep that information secure and confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for Herkimer Limited.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
This site offers opt-in newsletter and email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
In some cases we may provide you with custom content based on what you tell us about yourself either directly or indirectly by linking a social media account. These types of cookies allow us to provide you with content that we feel may be of interest to you.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can refuse to accept cookies by ticking the appropriate options in your browser (see your Browser help for how to do this). However, please be aware that disabling cookies may affect the functionality of this and other websites that you visit.
Who has access to your information?
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below.
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include email marketing platforms and social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
How do I opt out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us, or whether we retain your Personal Data.
We will not make contact with you unless you consent to be contacted, or we believe legitimate interest exists. In this case, we shall formulate a legitimate interest assessment which you may have access to if you wish.
If, after opting in, you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us, then you can unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We will process your request within 7 days.
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or via our postal address:
- See what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- Ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- Ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- Withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- Express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. All personally identifiable information is subject to restricted access to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse. Please note, however, that we may release your Personal Data if required to do so by law, or by search warrant, subpoena or court order.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you were referred to our Website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
Herkimer Limited is based in the United Kingdom (“UK”), however we also operate elsewhere outside the UK. As part of the services offered to you, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. If we are processing your data under consent or contractual legal grounds, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy. If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with the relevant services.
Review of this Policy